FPK (Filter Priming Kit) was created to help Berkey® users prime filters, setup their system and verify that their system is assembled correctly and operating as intended.
- Prime Rite™ Primer - (will not work on large faucet aerators)
- Prime Rite™ Fluoride Element Adapter
- Anti-Airlock Clip (Vapor Lock Clip)
- Red Food Dye Vials x 2 - (1/2 ounce in total)
- Squeeze Bottle for quick and easy way for priming and purging filters
FPK download instructions here >>> Note; Change to red dye test. 1/8 Teaspoon (10 drops) red dye only needed per gallon of water.
Performing the Red Food Dye test on Black Berkey Elements (Test is especially recommended for untreated water)
- Protect surfaces and clothing, gloves are recommended.
- Start with an empty system (upper and lower chamber) and remove any Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters(if installed). The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters must be removed prior to performing a red food coloring test in order to stay in compliance with the six month warranty on the Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters .
- Place the upper chamber only (with the elements installed) on similar- sized cups directly underneath each Black Berkey™ This will help isolate which filter may be exhausted and which is still purifying effectively.
- Fill the upper chamber with water and add 1/8 teaspoon of ARTIFICIAL red food coloring for every gallon of water. Must contain FD&C Reds 40 & 3. (Read product label)
- Allow the water to run through to the bottom chamber.
- If the red food coloring is removed entirely, your purification system is working properly.
- If the water in any of the cups is red or has a pinkish tinge, then that particular black filter is defective or exhausted.
Anti Air Lock clip and Fluoride Element Adapter not included with Go Berkey model.
(Effective May 24, 2022 these kits will be included with ALL Berkey water filter systems.( including Blemished systems )