Avoid cycling water softened water (mineral salts) through your Berkey System
*This offering does NOT include upgraded Sight Glass Spigot as depicted in select promotional images*
PDF Download data performance sheet for the BB9-2 water filtration elements.
*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® water filtration elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- The Big Berkey® System comes with 4 Black Berkey® water filtration elements.
- The versatile Big Berkey® system is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® water filtration elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 2 blocking plugs and 1 priming button and a Filter Priming Kit.
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 8 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® water filtration elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey®water filtration elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
- Canisters have 2 year rust protection warranty. (this website only)