BLEMISHED FILTERS WITH SMALL CHIPS - Performance of elements is not affected
Black Berkey® water filtration elements are more powerful than any other gravity filter element currently available. The Elements have a unique purification capability that is due to their unique structure. The micro- pores within the Black Berkey® Elements are so small that viruses and pathogenic bacteria are simply not able to pass through them.
Many water filters on the market may claim to be a water purifier, but do not meet the performance specifications required for this classification. In order to be classified as a water purifier, a water treatment device must remove at least 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria and reduce viruses by 99.99%. The Black Berkey® Elements can be classified as water purifiers because they remove 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria and 99.999% of viruses, which greatly exceeds the standard. The Black Berkey® Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53.
- Removes Chlorine, Chloramines, Heavy Metals, Pharmaceuticals, virus's, pathogenic bacteria and more!. Examples of heavy metals include mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), arsenic (As), chromium (Cr), thallium (Tl), and lead (Pb)
What do Black Black Berkey® water filters remove? answer is here (new window) or download our Data performance sheet pdf
Black Berkey® water filtration elements are the leader in gravity-fed water purification, backed by independent testing.
- The Black Berkey® water filtration elements formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey® Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Durability: Depending on water quality, each Black Berkey® Element could filter approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system can filter approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- On average, most Berkey customers replace Black Berkey®Elements every 2 to 3 years.
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
- The Black Berkey elements are interchangeable with other brand name gravity systems. (the PF-2 filters can be used as well.)