*** Do NOT cycle softened (salt) water through your Berkey System***
Includes the 3 following upgrades;
- 7.5" Sight Glass with Spigot
- This system comes with 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements. (standard systems come with 2 elements)
- A Black Berkey Primer / Purger Tool. A hand priming pump that makes it possible to prime or backflush Black Berkey® Purification Elements
- Berkey Water Canada Parts Pouch (empty)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 1 priming button.
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 8 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® Purification Elements, the Big Berkey® system can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements are made and assembled in the USA.
Berkey® systems equipped with Black Berkey® Purification Elements remove up to 99.999% of viruses and 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals