Avoid cycling water softened water through your Berkey System
Includes the following upgrades;
- Stainless Steel Spigot
- 1- pair of PF-2 Fluoride filters (little white ones). removes 90% + of fluoride
- Parts Pouch (empty)
- Filter priming kit
- Promotional item
The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- This Big Berkey® Bundle comes standard with 2 Black Berkey® Elements. ( can be expanded up to 4 elements)
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height
- Bundle includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Elements, 1 stainless steel lid w/ knob,1 standard spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs and a Filter Priming Kit.
- Height when in use: 19.25"
- Diameter: 8.5"
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 2-4 people
Should have accessories;
- Spare Element Wingnuts- Over-tightening will cause threads to strip, always have a spare on hand!
- Keep spare Blocking Plugs on hand. (in the unlikely event you have a malfunctioning element or you lose one).
Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with two Black Berkey® water filtration elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Configured with four Black Berkey® water filtration elements, the Big Berkey® System can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency
Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines
Maximum discount already applied to prices in this collection
Berkey® systems equipped with Black Berkey® water filtration elements can remove up to 99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria, while also removing or dramatically reducing protozoa, trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, VOCs, petroleum products, perfluorinated chemicals, rust, silt, sediment and even radiologicals.
Performance of Berkey water filtration elements decrease with age, regular red dye tests are recommended especially if using untreated water.