BLEMISHED FILTERS WITH SMALL CHIPS - Performance of elements is not affected
Black Berkey® water filtration elements are more powerful than any other gravity filter element currently available. The Elements have a unique purification capability that is due to their unique structure. The micro- pores within the Black Berkey® Elements are so small that pathogenic bacteria are simply not able to pass through them.
- Removes Chlorine, Chloramines, Heavy Metals, Pharmaceuticals, pathogenic bacteria and more!. Examples of heavy metals include mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), arsenic (As), chromium (Cr), thallium (Tl), and lead (Pb)
Black Berkey® water filtration elements are the leader in gravity-fed water purification, backed by independent testing.
- The Black Berkey® water filtration elements formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Includes: Two 9" Black Berkey® Elements with 2 washers, 2 wing nuts, and 1 priming button
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Durability: Depending on water quality, each Black Berkey® Element could filter approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system can filter approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- On average, most Berkey customers replace Black Berkey®Elements every 2 to 3 years.
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
- Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
- The Black Berkey elements are interchangeable with other brand name gravity systems. (the PF-2 filters can be used as well.)