We are pleased to introduce the classic and original British Berkefeld water filter system. It is the same size as the Big Berkey model. (8.5 liter or 2.25 US Gal).
With this offer you receive 4 Super Sterasyl™Ceramic Filtration Elements. (Although Black Berkey Elements are compatible with the British Berkefeld system, Black Berkey elements can not be substituted with this offer)
The versatile and portable British Berkefeld® System is the ideal system for use at home with small or medium-sized families.
- Filtration life with 4 Super Sterasyl™Ceramic Filtration Elements is 2 years (average use 2 people) or 2140 US gallons or 8560 liters. (Each element has a filtration life of 535 gallons.)
- Unlike Black Berkey Purification Elements, priming is not required.
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, four 7" Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filter Elements , 4 wingnuts, 4 washers, blocking plugs, stainless steel lid, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base
- Height when in use: 21" with a diameter of 8.5" / weighs 7 lbs empty.
- Serves: 1 to 4 people
- Maximum Filter : Four 7" Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filter Elements (in upper chamber) Compatible with all Berkey systems
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing for the life of the filter
- NO FILTER PRIMING REQUIRED
- Meets NSF Standard No. 42 for materials
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with four 7" Super Sterasyl™ Ceramic Filter Elements, the British Berkefeld® System filters up to 12 to 15 gallons (45 to 57 liters) of water per day
- Up to four Berkey PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this unit if desired
- Vino tap spigot style may vary
Remove Pathogenic Bacteria:
Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E.Coli, Fecal Coliform > 99.99% removal.
Remove Cysts (>99.999%):
Cryptosporidium Parvum and Giardia Lamblia – 100% removal (based on tests by Arizona State University).
Pesticides, herbicides, organic solvents, SOCs, VOCs, trihalomethanes.
Reduce Chlorine > 90% +
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.