Avoid cycling water softened water (mineral salts) through your Berkey System
*The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® water filtration elements are made and assembled in the USA.
- This system comes standard with 4 Black Berkey® water filtration elements
- The versatile Royal Berkey® system is ideal for use at home with medium-sized families, travel, outdoor activities, or during unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 3.25 gallons (12.3 liters)
- Upper chamber nests within lower chamber for transport and stands only 15.25" in height
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey®water filtration elements (in upper chamber)
- System includes upper and lower stainless steel chamber, 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4), 1 stainless steel lid, 1 spigot, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 2 blocking plugs, 1 rubber gasket to protect the base and a Filter Priming Kit.
- Height when in use: 23"
- Diameter: 9.5"
- Weight: 8 lbs empty
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 2-4 people
- Fully configured, this system can serve up to 100-200 people a day, during an emergency
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Configured with 2 Black Berkey® water filtration elements, the Royal Berkey® system can purify up to 4 gallons (15.1 liters) per hour
- Configured with 4 Black Berkey® water filtration elements, the Royal Berkey® system can purify up to 7 gallons ( 26.5 liters) per hour
- Up to 4 PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters can be installed in the lower chamber if desired
Elements come with a 2-year, pro-rated warranty
- Canisters have 2 year rust protection warranty. (this website only)
Performance of Berkey water filtration elements decrease with age, regular red dye tests are recommended especially if using untreated water.